Ground Sumac from Turkey 200g/7.055oz in resealable kraft bag.the ecological resealable Spicy Deli bag protects your spices from humidity and keeps their taste. The Sumac perfumes your oriental dishes but also has virtues for health!
- Ground Sumac from Turkey 200g/7.055oz in resealable kraft bag.the ecological resealable Spicy Deli bag protects your spices from humidity and keeps their taste.
- Origin: Sumac is native to the Middle East. It belongs to the Anacardiaceae family. The use of this spice dates back to antiquity, when it was used mainly by the Arabs and Greeks. At that time, sumac was often used instead of lemon or vinegar. During antiquity, the Romans used it for medical and food purposes. Today sumac is widely used in Turkey, Lebanon and Europe.
- Method of cultivation: Growing on a tree up to 3 m high, sumac is cultivated on dry, calcareous soils. The shrub enjoys the sun, which promotes its growth. Its dense foliage turns orange and red in autumn. The flowering of the sumac takes place from June to July. The tree produces purplish-red berries, which are harvested before they are ripe, then dried and kept whole or processed into powder (coarsely crushed or ground).
- In cooking: Sumac is an essential spice in Middle Eastern cuisine. The fruity flavor of sumac spice tightens the taste buds. Due to its high salt content, sumac powder can be used instead of salt. It is mainly used to flavour fish, seafood, kebabs and salads. In the Lebanese and Turkish kitchens, sumac spice is often mixed with yogurt or used to prepare sauces to accompany dishes.
- Our quality guarantee: Spicy Deli has selected for you the most beautiful sumac berries by hand with a very strict sorting before their transformation into powder. 100% natural product packaged in France